How your podiatrists in Torrance, CA, can help you and your feet
Your feet and ankles are important and it’s vital to keep them healthy if you want to enjoy an active life. Your podiatrist is an expert at foot, ankle, and toe conditions, and can help. The podiatrists at Archstone Foot & Ankle Institute in Torrance, CA, provide a wide range of foot and ankle services to help you and your feet.
There are many reasons to see a podiatrist, especially if you have a chronic disease. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes can all affect the health of your feet, so you should seek out your podiatrist at least once each year for a foot, toe, and ankle examination.
- Osteoarthritis can cause–joint stiffness, inflammation, and joint destruction
- Rheumatoid arthritis can cause–severe joint pain, deformed bones and joints, and loss of mobility
- Diabetes can cause–nerve damage, loss of blood flow, and delayed healing
You should visit your podiatrist for toe conditions including:
- Ingrown toenails – your podiatrist may recommend removing part or all of the ingrown toenail so a healthy toenail can grow
- Hammertoes – your podiatrist may recommend orthotics to help realign your toe
- Fungal toenail – your podiatrist may recommend laser therapy to kill the underlying fungus causing the infection
You should visit your podiatrist for foot conditions including:
- Plantar fasciitis – your podiatrist may recommend orthotics and anti-inflammatory medication to reduce pain and provide support
- Bunions–your podiatrist may recommend orthotics or surgery to remove the bunion and realign your foot
You should visit your podiatrist for ankle conditions including:
- Lateral ankle instability – your podiatrist may recommend an ankle brace to provide stability, or surgery to repair damaged or torn ligaments or tendons
- Ankle strain or sprain – your podiatrist may recommend anti-inflammatory medication, rest, and immobilization of your ankle while it heals
- A broken ankle – your podiatrist may recommend surgery to repair and realign your ankle
You should also see your podiatrist if foot, ankle, and toe issues are impacting your life. See your podiatrist if you are experiencing:
- Difficulty walking or standing due to pain
- Instability when walking or standing
- Chronic or acute foot pain that doesn’t resolve
- A fever accompanied by foot pain
- Difficulty wearing shoes due to foot pain
To find out more about how your podiatrist can help you and your feet and reasons to seek out the services of a podiatrist, call the podiatrists at Archstone Foot & Ankle Institute in Torrance, CA. You can reach them in the office by calling (310) 362-5359, so call today.